It doesn’t matter whether you live in a one-bedroom flat or a five-bedroom detached house, your home is no doubt your castle. So it’s important to make sure that you have the right protection in place in case something should go wrong.

What if there was a fire or the roof was damaged in a storm? Would you be able to pay for the repairs? And where would you live if your house was uninhabitable? Your home also contains some of your most valuable possessions. Could you afford to replace your flat screen TV or your jewellery collection if you were the target of burglars?

As with all insurance policies, conditions and exclusions will apply.

Some of the types of home insurance we offer are:


Buildings Insurance

Buildings insurance usually covers the structure of your home and any fixtures or fittings, garages, drives, fences, walls, out-buildings, swimming pools and tennis courts.

Insurance cover includes the cost to repair or rebuild your home if it is damaged to a set rebuild cost although some insurance companies have an unlimited level of cover. Standard cover is new for old and applies to specified perils. i.e. fire, lightning, earthquake, storm, flood, burst and leaking pipes, theft, vandalism, collision by vehicles, aircraft and animals, falling trees, subsidence, heave or landslip.

Cover can be on either a standard basis or an accidental damage basis

Contents Insurance

Contents insurance is cover for your household contents, i.e. furniture, carpets, curtains, television,  kitchen equipment, ornaments, personal possessions, clothing, computers, etc. It is the total value of everything that is in your home that you would take with you if you were to move.

With most contents insurance there is the ability to insure your personal possessions away from the home. This optional cover allows you to insure your personal items normally worn or carried outside the home, e.g. watches, jewellery, cameras, anywhere in the world for up to 60 days a year.

Contents cover can be on either a standard basis or an accidental damage basis.

Tenants Insurance

Personal possessions insurance for tenants provides cover for the possessions of single people or couples, either living alone or in shared accommodation.

You can typically insure possessions with a total value of between £3,000 and £15,000 on a new for old basis. Additional cover is available including cover for your possessions when away from the home.

Landlords Insurance

Landlord insurance, otherwise known as buy to let insurance, will cover against disasters, such as fire, natural disaster or third party (i.e. a vehicle crashing into your property).

For example, your property could be damaged by fire and rendered uninhabitable, forcing your tenants into alternative accommodation while builders and decorators carry out repairs.

In this circumstance your landlord’s insurance policy would not only pay for all of the work to make good the property but also pay you the rent that you missed out on by not having tenants living in the property during this period.

CALL NOW on 0191 418 7409

or request a callback by filling in the quick form below:

    Your Name (required)

    Your Tel no. (required)

    Preferred time for callback

    By ticking the below box you acknowledge that you have read and understood this privacy notice and consent to its terms.

    Enter the letters that appear below